RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can't decide on 1/8th scale truggy
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:07 PM
RC_Heli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide on 1/8th scale truggy

My son and I think its time to step up to a 1/8th scale nitro truggy. We have been running our 1/16th brushless e-revos for awhile now and its definitely time for something bigger. The only problem is that there is to many truggys on the market to pick from and the only company that I have had experience with is Associated. I have never owned a model from ofna, Mugen or O'Donnell and from what I have gathered, they are all good companies. I haven't decided if I should build a kit or buy RTR to save some money and upgrade as we go (I know this will be more expensive in the long run but its a lot cheaper now). I have put a small list of the models I have been looking at below but if there is any others I might have missed, let me know. Our plan is to maybe race in the future at our local track, nothing real serious, just a few friends paying for track time. Also, if there is any news of a new "next generation" 1/8th model coming out that I should wait for, please let me know. I see that a lot of the current RTRs available still have AM or FM radios......Why? 2.4ghz spread spectrum technology has been around way to long for these companies to justify the AM radios they include in their $600 RTRs..... But anyways, I'm just rambling on. Let me know what you think; thoughts, opinions, experience?
Thanks!

Associated 1/8 RC8T RS RTR

Associated 1/8 RC8T FT Truggy Championship Edition Kit

Ofna 1/8 Jammin X2 Truggy RTR

Ofna 1/8 Jammin X2 Pro Truggy Kit

Mugen 1/8 MBX6T Truggy Kit

O'Donnell 1/8 Z01-T Off-Road Truggy Kit

TowerHobbies doesn't sell Losi so I had to go to HorizonHobby for info,
This truggy might be out of price range anyways...[X(] $699.99 []
1/8 8IGHT-T 2.0 4WD Truggy Race Roller by Losi

8IGHT-T 2.0 4WD RTR by Losi