RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora9 as slave with Optic6 as master FM?
Old 06-06-2010, 03:17 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora9 as slave with Optic6 as master FM?

ORIGINAL: GizmoMadMax Hi folks, I have a strange one...?
* I have my new Aurora9 with the 2.4 module I fly with everyday.
* I have my sons fairly new Optic 6 with the FM module that it came with.
* Both fly planes perfectly.
* Buddy box issue though
At first, my A9 would not operate my optic 6 as a buddy box; when I hit the A9 trainer spring switch, all the surfaces slamed hard all one way? Sso I called tech support and they thought maybe the optic6 had a bad trainer circuit, so they wanted me to send it in; that hurt especially hot into the flying season.
So then by 100% accident, I figured it out, while fiddling with my A9 I discovered that when messing around, I set the snap-roll Feature on my A9 to that nice fancy spring switch, which is also the trainer switch, duh. [X(] So that was a great finding, never sent it in last week, saved by the bell!!
NOTE: I did buy the Hitec trainer cord set for the A9 as A.T. and others posted, works perfect as noted above. So now, to fly my other fleet that is still FM, and needing to buddy box my son and friends, I tried to get the optic 6 setup as master and the A9 as slave. Well, i used the master cable end for the optic 6 and the A9 boots up and I choose multi-o/i, then choose T-Pupil, but then absolutely nothing happens when I hit the trainer switch on the optic 6 so that the A9 can become buddy!!! Does anyone have any thoughts or help? I did call hitec support, and once again, they want me to send in the optic 6 so they can check it's trainer circuit, but before I do that and loose it for a few weeks, I want to ask you all first??? Thanks in advance for any help
Is Optic 6 set to PPM? What receiver is in use?
Buddy (Trainer) Box not working with Berg PPL, IPD and similar TX Signal Recognition Receivers.

Aurora: Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up.

See also sub Section "Trainer (Buddy box) cables - DIY " under
"Buddy Boxes. Servo Leads. Flight Simulator & Interface." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Regards
Alan T.