RCU Forums - View Single Post - Total lock out on JR12 2.4Ghz
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Steve Kent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Total lock out on JR12 2.4Ghz

Lavi

I had a similar incident last year with my PST Reaction. This was configured with dual batteries (large 4600 mha 5 cell nimhas nose weight was required) the failsafe was set to cut the engine completely after 2 seconds & put the gear & flaps down. On the third flight of the day doing a slow role at about 100 feet the model stopped responding & just kept rolling to the right until it hit the ground about 8 to 10 seconds later & about 500 meters away.

The engine definitely didn't failsafe but just kept a constant setting, I don't know 100% about the gear & the flaps but I don't think they came down either. This was all double checked to be working correctly by one of our club model inspectors as all turbine models have to be signed off before flight & have the failsafe setting checked. The model had completed 15 successful flights prior to this incident.

I have been a JR user for about 20 years with no other issues at all prior to 2.4gig but I am seeing an uncomfortable number of these incidents & in most cases people are reporting that the failsafe didn't operate which is the most alarming bit.

I now only use JR\Spectrum for park fly type models, but no doubt someone will be along shortly to blame a poor instalation again.