RCU Forums - View Single Post - I wanna Know how many rc vehicles you have? Come look at my list when I went on a rc bender!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:41 PM
mechanizeddeath

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I wanna Know how many rc vehicles you have? Come look at my list when I went on a rc bender!

ORIGINAL: stussman

Why so many? I dont see any point in having more than 1 or 2. Maybe 1 offroad and 1 onroad. They all do basically the same thing.
Now having many girlfriends i can understand, even tho they all do the same basic thing
I used to think the same thing, but really they all have subtle differences depending. My two on roads, a TB-02 and M-04M, handle completely differently despite both being on road vehicles.

My list is in my sig, but to elaborate:

Tamiya Brat (re-re): My first RC, and thus the one I learned to drive on. Currently broken in a box.
Kyosho Mini-Z MR-015: Bought this to try to race with my friends who had older Mini-Zs. Unfortunately they weren't too interested and it more or less sits now.
Tamiya TB-02: My first on-road, almost as damaged as my Brat. I've blown the diff screws half a dozen times.
Tamiya DF-03 (Dark Impact): The Dark Impact is one of my favorite buggies. Durable, but so well controlled it is almost boring to drive.
Tamiya Grasshopper (re-re): My overall favorite RC. Indestructable, hilarious to drive, and overall out of control. When a newbie wants to try, this is what I hand them.
Tower Hobbies Turbo Vee 3: My only boat, currently broken.
Tamiya M-04M: This has a Traxxas 12t Titan 550 and is hilarious. So tiny and fast.
Radio Shack XMODS: Bridging the gap between toy and hobby grade, I bought it because it was cheap.
Tamiya Levant: A unique vehicle, basically a mid 90s 4wd touring car converted to an off-road brushless truggy.
Tamiya Lunch Box: No description required. Pure awesome in a bright yellow box.
Traxxas Stampede: I wanted something with local parts support and something different than what I already had.