RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anyone see an R/C older than this one? late 60's early 70's Dynamic Models
Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 PM
ScottKelly911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone see an R/C older than this one? late 60's early 70's Dynamic Models

Cool video, thanks for posting it. I'll be sad to see it go, but hopefully the next owner will really be appreciative of it and post on here as well. I can't get over what a cool car that is. Maybe it's just that I'm a diehard Porsche guy and the 917 was the very first car to give Porsche it's first overall win at the 24 Hours Of LeMans in 1970 and duplicated that feat again in 1971. That being said, it can certainly add to the collector value being that it was also manufactured most likely in one of the years that they won. Porsche has some SERIOUSLY fanatical followers, so when you do decide to post this up for sale, don't be afraid to post it in the for sale sections of Porsche specific sites like Rennspeed.com or PelicanParts.com, 6Speedonline.com and probably the site most likely to get top dollar for would be posting it on Rennlist.com If you play up the fact that it was a 917 RC car and the historical significance of the 917, you'll most likely be able to get quite a premium. Also, people such as Jerry Seinfeld who's a HUGE Porsche fan are known to rummage through the for sale sections in search of oddball and historical finds, so though a toy, it sure would look great on Jerry's mantle Let me know if you need any help finding out more about the historical significance of the 917 in the Porsche world.