RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50mhz ?
Thread: 50mhz ?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2002, 02:41 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 50mhz ?

"Actually we CAN retune 6X to 50MHz (please see our FAQs or send an email to [email protected] with I want to change a 6X from air to surface frequency in the body of the email for extensive details."

Mrs. AnnMarie Cross, I think you may be a little confused. Jay was talking about retuning a 6X radio on the 50Mhz band to a new frequency on the 72Mhz band. He was not talking about retuning the radio to the 50Mhz band. There was no mention of changing the radio from the air(72Mhz) to a surface(75Mhz) frequency.

Inorder to convert (so that it can be retuned) a receiver from the 50Mhz band to the 72Mhz band several "front end" radio frequency components need to be changed. Also the conversion frequency (low going high or high going low) may need to be addressed. Similar changes need to be done on the transmitter module. This would probably be a "very non-standard" service request and would probably be more expensive than buying a new receiver and transmitter module. I'm not sure if the 6X has a separate transmitter module.

If I'm wrong on this then please let me know. I'm always willing to learn.

Ken
K5VYL

By the way nun45, tell your friend that it's pretty easy to get a "HAM" license to allow him to operate legally on 50Mhz. Go to the following site for information:
http://www.arrl.org/