RCU Forums - View Single Post - 5+5+1 Starting technique awesome!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 01:02 PM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 5+5+1 Starting technique awesome!

ORIGINAL: Bass1

Yeah, Sometimes distractions can turn disasterous. Several years ago I was assembling my Aeroworks Edge at the field for the demo flight to the new owner(buyer). He was asking so many questions that my normal routine was being compromised. Anyway after I took off I handed the transmitter to the buyer and after his second roll the right wing rotated 90 degrees and the plane started to auto rotate downwards I quickly grabbed the transmitter and chopped the throttle and all we could do is watch it slowly rotate towards the turf. BOOM! Turns out during his 100 question interrogation while I was assembling the plane I missed tightening down one side of the the wing on the tube. All I could do at that point was hand the guy his check back! So the moral of this story is just ''Shut up and Fly''!!
Yep saw that personally when this happen to my buddy turbo prop Porter. I just got to the field while he was flying and saw is wing bolt on is JR Radio box, I look back at the plane just in time to see the wing folded [&o]. I show him the wing bolts and he admit he forgot is wing bolts due to conversation distraction.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zx72186.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1454401