RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aurora 9 and Optima 9
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9 and Optima 9

ORIGINAL: Godhelper Hi guys, I noticed that I can control all my planes installed with the Optima 9 receiver with my Aurora 9 without changing model ?? Is this correct? Am I wrong in knowing that even with the DX7 this is not possible? Then I must be able to control the other planes at the flying field as well? - I dont understand this... So far I have been really impressed with my new Hitec gear but this worries me, that I can actually take off a plane programmed for another model? Please tell me that I'm doing something wrong - I have binded the Tx and Rx's according to the manual and it worked fine.
This is correct if your AFHSS 2.4Ghz system is bound in Normal Mode. Normal mode permits several receivers, which have been bound to the sameTX using AFHSSto be used in one model. No effect on other models not linked to the same TX.
The Aurora does not start transmitting until user has confirmed the correct model is in use, the name of which is well visible on the start up screen. (Model match as usedon DX7 issubjectto copyright/patent and has own drawbacks outlined in previous discussions).

AFHSS - Normal & Scan Modes Explained includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver
AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links