RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shelly Foss Tug Build 76 inch
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 AM
dallas2254

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Shelly Foss Tug Build 76 inch

My first Shelly Foss was a 36 inch back 20 years ago. I did a really novice paint job and railing job on it so recently I cleaned it all up, repainted it the true colors and re did all the railings with solid brass and solder. Looks really good now. Gave me the motivation to knock off this big Shelly Foss.

With regards to the Grain of Wheat lights. I researched the LED's and could probably figuring out the wiring for them. I could do it but I decided that I wanted more authentic lighting and besides I am running two full size marine blue top optima batteries in this tug to get the weight in it so I am not going to have an electrical supply problem. May even put an air horn in it. I may still put a few led's for the spot lights.

I just started wiring my 6 foot Harbor Tug tonight. The motor, prop and shaft is in and the power supply is on it. Just need to hook up the controllers for the motor and the bow thruster and I will be ready to do it's first test run to see how much wieght that tug will need.