RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maxamps Out of their Mind????
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 11:15 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxamps Out of their Mind????

I've had this debate with a few people in another forum. The big difference is quality control and support. I bought turnigy packs for my first electric and blew two speed controllers (likely a third that didn't flame but its never been right since running the packs). The speed controllers burst into flames from rippling because the packs were junk. The cost of these speed controllers and two motors (that was passed on to the manufacturers as warranty claims before I figured out what was going on) is well over 500 dollars retail. Plus I bought two bum batteries and hobby king wouldn't respond to support and their line was never answered for weeks until I gave up. Don't even mention that these fires could have happened in my home. I bought thunder power and have been happy ever since. This is just my story and I am certain there are many positive ones but I won't take the chance again.

I say you get what you pay for and you take more risks getting low price packs. They are made at the same factory or two but the way they are assembled and QC'd is very different. There are many good stories from people who bought cheap packs and many bad stories.