RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Speed Racer:

It's all about having fun, aint it? I fully intend to do some mild aerobatics with mine once I get used to it, at least enough so I can fly the fun scale pattern. (Maybe inside loops and wingovers) Currently, I'm still working out the bugs. Ran afoul of the servo mount problem Saturday, and had to fly on one aileron. It was kind of instinctive to just ride the rudders a little harder, so no problem. I did run off the end of the runway - it was too gusty to slow down much and the field was short. No sweat.

I've switched to 12x6 MAS 3 bladers, the engines seem to really like them and run a long time on an 11 oz tank.

After I epoxied the servo mounts for the left aileron, I experimentally "tapped" on one of the flap servo arms, and its mounts let go. Then I went around and tapped on the remaining 4, and they all broke loose. I thought the mounts were a good setup, what with the square hole cut in the plates for the hard wood and the triangle stock reinforcement. Problem is Wong Hung Low don't know how to glue very good. They need to retrain that cat.