RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroworks Extra 300 60-90
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Downthrust
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aeroworks Extra 300 60-90

I was wondering about the color. I thought it may have been the camera. I knew about the decals though. I have some experience with Aeroworks and a friend of mine has a few as well. Here's something that may help you. The first AW airframe I bought was the Edge 540T, which is the same size and weight as this Extra 300. The airframe was only $190 and came with the decals go figure. I even think it was cheaper around Christmas that year. The 91 4-stroke they said they were using in the AW website video turned out to be a little underpowered for 3D (the pilot in the video was really huckin' it up) but if you look closer, you can see that the engine is really a Saito 100 or 125, and the 100 would have been perfect for the plane. My 14 year old son flys the IMAC heck out of it, but it will not pull out of a hover, so keep that in mind if you are thinking about that type of flying. Won't happen with a 82, for sure.

As for servos, we went cheap-cheap and the plane still spins like a top. I'm talking about HS-425 and a one HS-645 for the rudder. Of course I can't say how this Extra 300 will perform, but I was thinking about the 5645's too @ 130 oz/in with 6V. All in all, the Edge 540t help up better than I expected and here's a video of my son trying to tear the wings off. Remember that the Edge has a one piece wing so I'm not sure you can do the same thing with the 300. Excuse the camera work, and I hope this helps you make the right decisions about this model. It seems like a good choice so please keep us informed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sapfjiZxoFc