RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need some buying advice
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:55 PM
-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some buying advice

ORIGINAL: tankfanatic

Yo -E,

I finally got my first tank a month or so a go, from what I've learned...(even if the ad says ''2 speeds'') as long as the tank is advertised as smoke and sound version, it's variable speed.
That's what I thought after buying mine... but looking around at all the different ads started to worry me that I'd implied that wrong. (note that it was pure luck when I bought mine... I just bought one and decided to get one with sound & smoke)

I bought from Raidentech.com myself. Despite all the suggestions and recommendations to go with some of the places like Rccommand, RCtankwars and so forth, (although I first ordered a tank through Rccommand, only to have to get a refund after waiting a month for it to ship) the tanks are too over priced for what they are being sold for at the small dealers. Just my opinion......my smoke and sound metal version KV1 works great and only cost 139.95 with free shipping......it would have cost me +200 from the mentioned sites.
I thought about Raidentech but ran into some horror stories about them, while checking them out. In fact, it seemed almost everyone I checked out had horror stories written about them, and no phone number to get a hold of a real person. Somehow, I rarely trust an unknown (to me) site that doesn't have a real address and a real phone number (especially so because they'll get my address, phone number, AND money).

I wish I could find the guy who sold me my new Panther for $75 + $15 shipping off of e-bay. Of course the first one was DOA, but he covered it with a replacement and return shipping label. In fact, this is one of the biggest reasons I'm asking for seller recommendations... if it arrives DOA, I really don't want to shell out more money for shipping (assuming I'm not out of all my money!).

If the panther is like my KV1, then there should be screws on the bottom and maybe on the side that secures the top. That's where the disassembly begins and then you work your way to the turret to by removing the turret ring once you get the top off.
Hope this helps a bit!
Thomas J.
This part is embarrassing... I hadn't actually looked at trying to take it apart for a couple of years. After posting, I noticed all the screws I didn't see when I bought it. *sheepish grin*