RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeroworks Extra 300 60-90
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 AM
friedclutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aeroworks Extra 300 60-90

Just got mine in today. (Orange/blue) I also have a Saito .82 on the bench. This plane is the replacement for my old worn out FuntanaX50. I was really hoping the weight would be lower on the airframe. The advertised flying weight says 6-6.5lbs. So far, everyone I've seen is at 7lbs 5 oz (on electric power.) I will probably fly the .82 on 20%nitro for awhile. It is looking like the Saito 1.00 is the engine to have for this airframe though.

The quality of the kit is top notch. I am impressed with the little details that they have designed into the plane. It is gorgeous. However, there are some glaring errors here that I find misleading and extremely dissapointing.

1. The Orange color is completely wrong. Advertisement photos showed a burnt orange. I REALLY liked the "burnt" orange. My new plane is bright orange.
2. Where are my custom decals? I want the decals that were pictured with the ads. The add in "Model Airplane News" CLEARLY states "custom decals" in the features column along with the carbon gear. Now I see that they are selling them separate for FIFTY BUCKS. Seriously?
3. 6-6.5 lbs flying weight? No one is getting that weight all up.

We are eagerly awaiting a response from Aeroworks about this. I did not buy a "Chinese Junk" or a "Cheap" airframe. I payed for a "World class Aircraft". I am actually considering sending this back to them for a refund and waiting for Extreme Flight to get some more 58" Extras in. That was the plane contending in my research. Sorry for the rant.