RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can the Aurora 9....
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can the Aurora 9....

ORIGINAL: efish Hi, I'm thinking of upgrading my current transmitter because of the programming limitations. A fellow flyer has an A9 and suggested I consider trying one out.
There are 2 issues I need some clarification on:- #1 One of my planes has 4 aileron servos (2 aileron servos per wing) I can get this to work on my current transmitter with some convoluted mixing, but I lose the trim in one wing plus the onboard programming for e.g. rudder to aileron mix. Can the A9 support such a setup? #2 Servo sync/servo grouping. I'm not sure if the A9 has an equivalent feature, but the idea is to be able to do away with either a servo programmer or a matchbox on surfaces which use more than 1 servo (e.g. dual servo elevators) Again, I can work around this with my current transmitter, but I can notice when the travel of the servos are not fully synchronised throughout the movement (and not just at centre/end points). Thank you.
1. Yes.
Aurora A9 - Dual Rates, Cambermix uses and assignments Posts 227 & 249.
Aurora A9 - Flapperon - (2Aile & 2Flap with Flapperon for Scale Beaver).
Aurora A9 - Flap (Landing) Mix see also sailplane below
Aurora A9 - Four Aileron Bipe - Set Up independent Aileron Servos.

2. Yes, if question understood correctly,with P-Mix/separate channel, example:
- Aurora A9 - Trim Twin EP Motors
However, if multiple servos on various surfaces such as rudder, then suggest use of Digital servos with programmer may be easier if number of channels is a problem.
Digital Servo Instruction Videos - Programming with HFP-10

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links