RCU Forums - View Single Post - R/C BOATING FOR ALL
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 07:12 AM
JawzSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C BOATING FOR ALL

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: misshydro

I think your wrong about the woman parts.. In my opion you dont see much of girls is because the attudes of men.. I should know... I ran into this proublems.. You got guys think girls cant do anything attudes and them harrassing& picking on them to. If its somthing for the guy to do and a girl want to do it,you know what happends. Guys saying stayout girls not aloud.
I disagree. Women generally (I would say 95% of them but not all) hold little interest in mechanical sports and racing (RC Boating among them). I am sure the attitudes and harassment adds little to the appeal. I did my mechanical apprenticeship with a woman and have certainly seen the reality.

Consider this - If there were ZERO men on the planet (I am talking Not not a one) - I am sure you would not see a boom in the numbers of women running RC Boats - I would say the opposite - there would be even less women Model Boats out there.

I am a proponent (proactive vocal supporter) of woman doing anything. My wife is a Wellesley grad - [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellesley_College#Notable_alumnae_and_faculty]a college recognized for producing some of the most powerful/distinguished women in the country[/link]. She read and wholeheartedly supports what I have said here .

[link=http://imageevent.com/justaddwata/rirun2]I have run boats with several women[/link] but do not believe any of them would ever consider the hobby or pursue it if not for their significant others obsession with it.

If you know of anyway to change this I would sincerely like to know.

I have to agree with this statement, even when speaking outside the world of RC as well. Its not that anyone is saying women cant have mechanical hobbies. It was simply stated that the percentages when compared to men were lower. Similar to a comparison of men and women to...lets say ..scrap-booking. Does it mean amancant or shouldn'tdo it? no.. if just meansthat more women shareinterest for that particular hobby than men.I, personally welcome all women that are interested in mechanical hobbies i think its great.