RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dont Buy RTR Brushless Trucks!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
cumquat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dont Buy RTR Brushless Trucks!

ORIGINAL: Specialzed

IF you have not already done a brushless conversion yourself. I say this only because the experience is amazing. I have a 3905 Emaxx that I got on a trade off the marketplace and I wanted to convert it to brushless. Throughout the whole time of ordering and waiting to receive the parts for the conversion I was always kicking myself in the back of my mind for not just getting a Brushless Emaxx or a Savage Flux.

Through all the headache of a brushless conversion being done by an RC beginner (taking things apart, mounting new things, SOLDERING) I have to say once the car runs, all the headache is worth it. Brushed motors are OLD TECHNOLOGY and the difference between them and brushless motors is like NIGHT AND DAY. My Emaxx running a 540 size 2600kv Turnigy inrunner through a HK150a esc with only 1 7.2v 4600mah battery is faster than my Emaxx with twin titans and 2 7.2v 4600mah battery's

Hold up,

Brushless motors with half the power are faster than brushed motors with twice as much power? Whats going on here?!!

Not to mention with the brushless motors the car runs much quieter, doesn't cog at all and is just way more enjoyable to drive. I think if you care about this hobby and want to have as much fun in it as possible, you shouldn't drive a brushless car until you've driven a brushed motor car and you should convert said car to brushless yourself. After your finished you'll be preaching like me for sure. That said I see absolutely zero reason for stores to keep selling nitro cars, that technology is even worse than brushed motors.

The reason why I was running only one 7.2v nimh was only to test out the esc, I thought if I was lucky it would turn the motor slighty so I could at least tell it was working but little did I know that with only 1 battery the damn thing would be faster than its stock counterpart with 2 battery's! This is madness! Has anyone else had an experience like this?
just what this hobby needs, another "brushless is god" fanboy. i would bet my last dollar you have never even ran a nitro let alone owned one. nitro is still dominating the 1/8th scale racing scene for a reason.

when you race the savage make sure you record it and your face, i want to watch the savage pass your maxx and the look on your face when it happens.