RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hitech Crystals on ebay!
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:21 AM
coriolan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitech Crystals on ebay!

ORIGINAL: 2boys

I'm not saying that Hitec is a poor performer. And I like their stuff. But when you walk into you LHS and ask for something as basic as crystals and they nearly laugh at you, it's no longer a great radio. When I bought the radio I was under presumption that like any other brand you could simply buy crystals Ha... ha.. joke's on me. These shop owners and employees use anything but Hitec. That right there says it all to me. I've emailed a number of manufacturers who all said the same thing. They don't do that to people. When I used Futaba, I used to race 1/10th scale stock cars and trucks. I never had the problem of reaching into my field box and selecting a new channel. (That's kind of the whole idea).

Point being, in this thread. The last time I went searching for Hitec crystals I was all but laughed out of forums and shops. Or chastised for wanting to get a transmitter working without more expenses of sending to Hitec. Doesn't matter how great Hitec may be, if owning one makes you feel like sh*&, then it's still a crappy radio. Anyway.. I got conformation from the ebayer. They're the right crystals.
Your LHS has very poor service and competenceThe only band where crystal change is legal (US,Canada)in Tx and Rx is 27Mhz because of the wide spacing between channels. As far as 72/75 Mhz is concerned its very hard to buy Tx crystals,only Rx crystals are available (at a proper LHS[8D]). With technology you cannot afford to "assume" anything, you have to know or learn.