RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rigging an Aquacraft EP-1 ??
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:28 PM
fastfreddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rigging an Aquacraft EP-1 ??

Long story short, I'm building a "proof of concept" 1/4 hydro and thought I might as well turn it into an RC.
To keep costs down, I'm looking to power it with an EP-1.
Here's a quick look at the boat full size...1/4 scale puts the "proof" model at 24"x12".
http://www.dngoodchild.com/5820.htm (There are much better pics/info on the net but, this was quick/low bandwidth).

The concept is a structural design change...(I plan to mount a 25hp unit to the full scale). The stringers will be raked into the motor board with its included 15 degree angle and the outside frames will also carry this 15 degree rake. This concept gives the motor board the full support of the transom instead of the originally designed "screwed on" motor board that is supported only by the stringers. Additionally, the frames, stringers, cross piece and fore strut will be "beefed" up.

I'm ignorant of the requirements for electric RCs so, can someone tell me how much of my Losi LST radio gear/servos/batteries I can use for this project? I'm thinking most of it, tho' i'll need some way to control the motor. ESC? Can I run the ESC off my JR radio?
What other accessories will I need? (Keep in mind, the RC application is secondary so, think on a budget).
What would be a starting point for hopping up the speed, if necessary?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughts.