RCU Forums - View Single Post - AEROWORKS TAIL HEAVY
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 11:09 AM
hanko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AEROWORKS TAIL HEAVY

No i was not offended at all, I was just trying to figure where you were comming from. what your saying really gets in to a real sensitive area as far as mfgs responsibility. There was a post a while back, and a guy was raising hell with AW concerning advertised weight on a AW 50 cc yak as I guess is the topic airplane here. Book said it should weigh 17 lbs, and I guess it ended up around 19 or so the dude says. I ve put together 20 or so Gas ARF's, pretty much name brand stuff, no just on the market new junk. Mostly AW's, Sd's, and H-9 stuff. Nothing is ever as advertised. The building process in China is not micro tolerences. As I stated , I had a nose heavy 35% extra 260. I dealt with it. Ive had some holes that didn line up right, deal with it. If I broke a wing doing a big lazy loop, well that a different story. Ive felt that there alot of goofy things and poor designs out there even with the name stuff. Im a full scale aerobatic pilot. I wont list my qualifications, but They are vast. We flew precise with our eyes, and control surfaces. I think there is to much radio mixing, and things mfgs to do planes to compensate making them easier to fly. Aw I know puts more positive incidence in the wing on a few of there airplanes than what is scale. I measured, I know. Thats the rest of the story