RCU Forums - View Single Post - BODA antenna
Thread: BODA antenna
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BODA antenna

I think you're making a great choice. I been a loyal JR/Spektrum user since my first trainer over 6 years ago. I recently purchased an Aurora 9 and have been using it for a couple months now. I plan to continue to use my X9303 and the Aurora side-by-side for a year...about half my planes on each. The Aurora offers so many great features, it's hard to pick out my favorites.

I also find the programming to be very easy and intuitive. For example, I keep a H9 UltraStick 60 around for a Sunday basher. I've had the plane for a while, through several JR/Spektrum radios. It started on an 8103 PCM and I later moved it to a DX7, then to my X9303. Every time, I had to follow a 2-page, step-by-step guide or I was completely lost. I'm not ashamed to say that I would have never figured out how to set-up the crow function (ailerons up/flaps down) on my own. Just for fun, I mocked-up my US60 setup on the workbench with an Optima 7 and some extra servos. It took me about 15 minutes to set it up on the Aurora without a guide.

There are only two things binding (pun intended) me to my X9303, a HUGE investment in DSM/2 receivers (including several 9100s and a 7100R) and small indoor Bind-n-Fly stuff from Horizon. It's amazing how much fun you have with those stupid little Vapors! [8D]