RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build your own PBF (Pizza Box Flyer, Flying Pizza Box)
Old 07-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Build your own PBF (Pizza Box Flyer, Flying Pizza Box)

Actually recovered using the outside technique twice today, then promptly DIDN'T recover from the next two inverted spins I fell into. I need to adjust the expo's on the rudder I think. I have been pretty good about just using the ailerons to hold the wings level while steering with the rudder, which is pretty much where I got into the spins. I was pretty smooth with the rons and then all of a sudden would be dipping, upping the expo took care of most of that. I think I need to do the same with the Rudder as I'm going full rudder just a little too soon when I really just need a teensy bit more rudder but I'm getting full bang.

Most off, I just need practice. The most speed I've had on it is usually just after it flips over on it's back and jams into the dirt. I did find one error. I was having a bunch of trouble adding throttle and then having it tip over on it's back. I had trimmed the silly thing for slow, level flight with the nose up. Well naturally now I have to push down in just to keep it from pitching up, or in this case back. I think I've got it pretty level now as I'm able to add quite a bit of power at neutral elevator and it doesn't pitch back. The TT 42 is really performing quite well in the throttle response, it's kinda cool to slowly come up on the power as the plane is settling and watching it slow, hold and then start climbing. Just haven't gotten to the hold it at one altitude point yet. Was a lot closer then the first flights on Wednesday though those flights were pretty much all slow speed, high Alpha level flying.