RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with 23cc Clutch!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
hmann1020

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with 23cc Clutch!

OK. Ifigured it does have something to do with that. the "rest" of the truck is "fine" so far however. Iput a new plug in, and had to clean the carb a couple of times. No idea how those tiny bits of debri get in, must be through the air filter while running through dirt. I have an extra fuel filter on the fuel line... So, the engine runs fine now.

I checked the clutch bell temp last night while rebuilding the carb. at idle, it sits at around 130 deg F. This seems high to me. I have suspicion that the clutch spring is also crap, and it has lost just enough of its tension to allow the shoes to slightly engage at idle speeds, further causing excessive wear on the shoes.

for the short term, i will sand the shoes and try to tune the idle as low a possible. To answer your question, no the bell is not blue in color, the inside is shiny metal color. the outside is still black. so, that piece is probably ok.

Instead of buying a vented clutch bell, has anyone every tried to drill some holes in the clutch bell? maybe 3 or 4 small ones to allow some of that heat to escape? $25 is a lot for a clutch bell that has just been cut up.

Finally, anyone had good experience with a certain clutch brand? Im a little weary of the 8k rpm clutches out there. What is the standard RPM of an idling 2 stroke engine?