View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 11:50 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Total lock out on JR12 2.4Ghz

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I was just reading in the new Jet Power Mag about Joe Nall:

''1000 model flyers at the worlds biggest model flying event'' , ''Oh yes, I should mention that 2.4 was used exclusively at this event, and if you still have doubts about the practicality of this technology, you should just visit Joe Nall - there's no more to say on the matter.''
Andy, are you talking about the problems that they had at Joe nall with 2.4? You say there is no more to say on this matter, but I wish you would say more because I'm not sure what your saying.

John

All I'm doing is posting exact quotes from the mag. I'm not saying the people posting here have not had lockouts. For the most part 2.4 has proven to be a much better technology than 72 but there is still a small % of unexplained lockouts. In my opinion its much better than what it was. I've personally never had any type of lockout since I've gone to power expanders and dual batteries. I had one early on when I used the 6v battery supplied with a Spek. 6 channel radio two years ago.

Has anyone replicated the lockout by placing a servo close to the RX? I would be interested to see if this can be replicated.