RCU Forums - View Single Post - BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 AM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BOOMERANG ELAN - New Build & Setup Thread!

Hey Guys,

I've been toiling away on the Boomerang. I've been taking my time making sure everything is just right. Besides, I haven't built anything in awhile (just modifying stuff I buy) so this is enjoyable.

I've posted three pictures:

1. The overhead shot of the cockpit stuff shows where I situated stuff. I'm using the huge AR9200 Powerbox which eliminates matchboxes and voltage regulators and doubles as a receiver so that gets center stage. I've got the Jet-Tronics valves for retracts and brakes and found a way to sneak the tubing up through the slots in the tray and eliminate some mess (yeah, it's underneath). I carved radii in the large opening so I could drop in my propane bottle (which has velcro on one side to attach to the front former) and as you can see there is very little tubing between the bottle and the T-junction for the solenoid and the filler festo. The ECU is easy to access as are the gauges and filler ports for the retracts and brakes.

2. I put the ECU battery all the way in the back and covered the butt end of it with aluminum tape to ward of any heat.

3. I used heavy duty clevises everywhere. Showing you the flaps.

This has been a very enjoyable process. Now almost ready to put the turbine in!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vt56662.jpg
Views:	978
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	1477816   Click image for larger version

Name:	id97638.jpg
Views:	1574
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	1477817   Click image for larger version

Name:	bg92817.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	177.3 KB