RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas summit
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:49 AM
rcaddict0
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas summit

I have had two Nimh packs explode on me. They popped like a M 80. Blew up in a big ball of sparks and flames. And it threw red hot scraps everywhere! And some of the little screen type pieces stayed on fire. Melted my chassie and body. This was while running them in my E Maxx. I also was quick charging a Nimh pack to have it explode in the same manner. IMO, and battery not used correctly and watched closely can be a dangerous thing. You can get a decent charger from www.HobbyPartz.comfor like $35 shipped and you'll have it in less than a week!
ORIGINAL: qoisdhc oqina

ORIGINAL: No Moa

I know very little about lipos. I know they can burn u if u don't take care of them.

and a nimh can explode and throw shrapnel everywhere, hurting you as well as pets or people around you.
Look around the forums, do a search, many more cases of nimh exploding than a lipo catching on fire.

Normally, they just puff up, and gives you quite a warning, by a few packs, before it catastrophically fails.

Fastandloud, i dont know if your a lipo fanboy, never used nimh, or just have the wrong info and dont know what your talking about, but the summit can handle 2 7 cells, and only 2s lipo.

The 7c has more power, more speed.
Lipo may have more punch, but the extra voltage does make up for it, the downfall is the discharge curve.