RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need help with terrible flying airplane
Old 08-14-2010, 04:07 PM
spitfire66

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need help with terrible flying airplane

Hello,

I have recently purchased a super decathlon by phoenix models and the airplane was messed up from the get go. First thing I noticed was that the ailerons were terribly warped and was not flyable. Towerhobbies sent me a replacement wing and I thought that this would resolve the issue. It did not. The airplane wants to roll violently to the left in all phases of flight. I noticed that the rudder was warped, so I sent the airplane in to towerhobbies and they denied the claim. I ordered new tailfeathers and replaced that on the plane and thought I would be ready to go. The same thing happens again, wanting to roll hard left. I believe that towerhobbies should back there products, but I have already spend $85 on this p.o.s. and do not want to put a dime more into it. I believe that towerhobbies should refund/replace the airplane without me spending another dime. Do I sound out of line or do I have a legitimate claim? Now the only thing I can do is to try to straighten the wing with a heat gun and some force. Maybe I can finally get some flying in without fighting the plane.

My other question is what do I do with a plane that cannot fly normally?

Thanks for the help.

Shannon