RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dragon wing failure.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 02:41 PM
kingair41
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragon wing failure.

How long would it take for SM to make the necessary corrections if SM had to replace those planes to the owners of the ones that failed in flight and lost everything. SM would be out of business if it had to do just that. There should be a halt in production till this problem is fixed. Not just with the Dragon but a total and thorough inspect of all their jets that utilze this fastening technique. They should bare the responsibility for their product. I know they want to benefit from the profit of every sale with their hand out. But responsible business behavior also means standing behind their product and not hiding or dodging the bullet when it comes to design flaws that are glaring back at them in their own eyes. There should be an accountability for this. Is SM misrepresenting their products? Do they feel amune to their product failures?

Like Albert mentioned, other jet pilots are turning away from the Dragon and possibly SM for any future purchases..

I myself was very interested in the F-18.. at the price they were offering I found it very attractive... but I'm now looking to invest my equipt. in a different product that will remain intact for more than a few flights.