RCU Forums - View Single Post - NitroPlanes Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 - Full Build Post
Old 08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
edwal07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NitroPlanes Ultimate 50cc and DLA56 - Full Build Post

8/13/10 - Progressing slowly but here is what I have found out since I started building it. (1)The triangle braces on the front of the firewall are miss shaped and have maybe 2 drops of glue on them, tear them off and replace them. (2) The bolts for the landing gear mount were the wrong size. (3) I was missing 1 set of aileron control linkages (Nitro Planes sent them to me after a phone call, really quick.) (4) ReGlue every seam, joint, etc.. that you can reach and try for those you can't. (5) The firewall is not secure enough, drill 1/8" holes from the side into the middle of the firewall and pin with 1/8" hardwood dowels. (6) There is an added page which shows a tailwheel with springs and according to their website it is for 50-150cc planes, the one included in my kit is for 40-60 size which is the one shown in the instructions. (7) The instructions are very simple and leave alot to be desired in translation, definately not a first time kit, only for an experienced builder. (8) I added 2, 1/2x1/4" inch braces across the inside bottom of the fuse forward of the radio tray and just behind the lower wing dowel to provide more support if you pick the plane up from the bottom. (9) The cutouts on the wings for the servos are to small and need to be widned and lengthened for your servo to go in. (10) I do not like the exit for the servo wire on the lower wing as it is at the forward part of the wing and makes you have to reach into the plane to get the wire, a "Y" will fix this for you, but still is aggravating to get to. (11) The lower wing mounting bolt is hard to reach and has very little room to install. (12) While the rudder support is substantial the stabilizer has little or no area to glue to, make sure once you install the stab, turn the plane upside down and add epoxy in the stab area where the side of the fuse meets the stab. (13) The elevators came drilled for only 2 hinges per side, I used dowels to fill these holes and redrilled for 3 hinges per side. (14) The rudder needs one more hinge at the very bottom to help and support the linkage and tail wheel.
That is all I have up to this point, I have mounted a DLA56 on the nose and it is just right on the length from the firewall with its included standoffs. I am starting the control linkage installation, servo, radio, and electronic installation. After that the fuel and smoke tanks and the final touches. I will keep this forum up to date on my progress. The review will be posted on RCUniverse when I am completed.
Thanks, any questions please ask.