RCU Forums - View Single Post - Customized Components
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 AM
rcstudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Customized Components

Hello,
I'm a student currently working on a project related to RC.It deals with providing customized composite components and/or molds for individuals interested in non-off-the-shelf components.I was wondering if you guys would be kind enough to quickly answer a few questions that would be of huge value to my project. Even if you just answered a few it would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
1)If given the opportunity to easily create custom components, at a reasonable price, would you be interested?
2)If so what components would most interest you?
3)If interested, would you be more likely to have your custom designed components made for you or simply have a mold made and kit given to yourself for you to make it?
4)Do you have CAD or drafting experience?
5)What kind of extra-ordinary or really interesting customizations have you previously seen?
6)For your own customized component, would you be willing to spend twice the cost of the same off the shelf component? What would you consider a reasonable price for having a custom component/mold made for you?
7) Any other comments on customizing or helpful resources?
Last question: Has anyone seen any market data on the RC/model market? I have searched for hours on some of the biggest marketing data sites and have come up empty handed. Odd :/
That's it, tried to keep it short, so I wouldn't take too much time.
Thank you for your time!