RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spend my money.... Transmitter??
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 03:00 PM
CGCINC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spend my money.... Transmitter??

ORIGINAL: Flyin Beagle

I have a 7C that I bought last year and I love it. It is easy to program and the switches are laid out very well. As far as channels go the more the better. I would recommend you buy as many as you can afford. If you want to get into scale warbirds or other types of planes that do more than fly you will want the additional channels.
The standrd plane needs 4 channels - Ailerons, Elevator, Throttle, and Rudder. Then you start adding things like flaps, retracts, lights, bomb drops, etc... All of theses require a seperate channel. If you decide to get into 3D or other styles or aerobatic planes you will need the extra channels for setting up the mixes in the computer radio. To do this you need each aileron will need to be plugged into its own channel, you may need a kill switch for gas engine ignition. I could go on.

Ultimately get as many channels as you can afford. Go talk to the guys at your local field and see what they are using. There are benefits to using what everyone else has because they can help you if you get stumped programming something.
My problem right now is I don't know what I will need later on. I think I might go with the 7c and then if I ever need more I will just buy a new Trans.
I'm sure the 7c will work for years to come!