RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Morrisey Bravo Build
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Planejaw
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Morrisey Bravo Build

Some general questions for Bravo owners:

Just picked one up on RC Universe, partially covered (wing/stab/rudder/elevator). The wood structure on the fuselage is all open and needs some slight repairing and covering. The wood has actually darkened with age, but it looks like some epoxy was used. Need to replace a couple of stringers, then use some Titebond to make sure the rest are all good and tight.

What's everyone's experience with power on this bird. I have a nice-running Fuji 43. It's a heavy engine, and I'd assume that this bird needs some weight out front. Thought of putting in a DL-50, but don't want to over-power it.

Has anyone needed to add any significant weight to the nose or tail (of course, depends on the engine)? The Fuji weighs about 4.3 lbs with muffler. Anyone mounted rudder/elevator servos in the aft end of the fuselage?

I've used some Hitec 564 MG's on a 43cc GP 25% Yak, with some Spektrum 821's on some others. Though the control surfaces aren't overly large on this ship, should I still go with the 133-165 oz/in servos?

Thanks for your input.