RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Finding Components For A D8T!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:10 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Help Finding Components For A D8T!

ORIGINAL: rc person 577

ORIGINAL: supertib

The second engine is the fastest one by far.... it will rip up both the Picco Boost and the N.21B....... The OFNA JL is actually a really fast engine and IMO the best built of the Taiwanese race engines....... I sell my modified OFNA JL 21 for $220.00 and you wont find any stock offroad engine that will touch it...
About how long will they last? like I said, I will get the track going strong with racer's therejust about the life of the engine is up, like 8-10 gallons. I think this is a great option, do you have a weebsite? I am trying to avoid getting the best engine and not race it until it's almost shot... also what pipe would you recomend for this engine? I have heard great things about your work too.

Thanks guys.

Edit: One more question, what would be a good buget engine? $150 or less...

The JL is capable of lasting 10 gallons....it likes many different pipes...JP-3 and Losi RE10 are its favored...... IMO there are no viable race engines at $150.00...i don't buy into using a RTR grade engine for a Truggy or Buggy, especially not when you can spend a few $ and get a true race engine...IMO that would be wasting money....

http://www.clockworkracingengines.com/