RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR Propo (JAPAN) 11x Zero and DSX11
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 04:23 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Propo (JAPAN) 11x Zero and DSX11

ORIGINAL: Steve Campbell

Not that it matters as DSMJ will be dropped soon in favour of DMSS.
Okay, I'm confused.

pitstop000 just bought a REALLY nice-looking, cutting-edge JR radio... and its technology is about to be superseded?

This is exactly the reason to stay modular. I’ve had my suspicions that JR had its own system in the works. I wouldn’t trust my good name to a competitor, IMOit's the best move for JR to drop Spektrum/Horizon for their RF in the 2.4 band, be it DSM2, DSMJ or whatever name you want to give it, even better use another distributor that doesn’t have their own line competing directly against you. What radio do you think Horizon wants to sell? And bring back the lower JR model radios in the US for newcomers to the Hobby for obvious reasons. JR has been forced to deal with a lot of bad press because the technology wasn’t theirs.
The whole point is not to be forced by a distributor to buy the same radio in just a new RF, All those 9303 users that went out and had to buy the Native system to get some of the DSM features and then soon the release of the 9503 for a couple of more features and then the 11x, this whole scenario was in such a close time frame, Horizon did this for only one thing. . . . . . . .
The JR 11xZero module based radio has all the features of a Native system, be it DSM2 or DSMJ and upgradable by module and software by the end user. What else could you ask from JR!