RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR Propo (JAPAN) 11x Zero and DSX11
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 05:05 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR Propo (JAPAN) 11x Zero and DSX11

ORIGINAL: tadawson

My point was simply that the international 11X is not crippled by not having a module slot, unlike the Horizon/US variant. You *CAN* legally get the 11X Zero, and then fit whatever RF deck you want, unlike the Horizon bodge that is stuck on DSM-2 only.

Oh, and the supposed "non-modular" systems from Horizon are still connectorized internally - all they did was change the case so that you can't remove the module. Electrically, they are identical . . . so you really are not saving any complexity, connectors, etc. - just crippling yourself . . .

- Tim
As Tim stated, even the Horizon JR11x2.4 is module based, except it’s held in place by a screw and clip on the inside of the TX. You can remove it, and fish out the antenna wire, I just don’t know if horizon has blocked the modulation menu.
What did everyone think; JR would build a special Horizon version of the radio that permanently cripples the End user by locking them in to their Spektrum DSM2 RF only, especially if they were working on their own RF system, and they were.