RCU Forums - View Single Post - 6v or 4.8v reciever battery?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: 6v or 4.8v reciever battery?

I haven't seen anyone using one and I haven't ever tried one myself. The higher end JR 9ch RXs are already designed for two batteries. Most the people I fly with are already on 2.4 and most of them are also flying very nice giant scale planes so they take no chances. They are also using the A123 batteries. Just do a search and read up on the products that are out there for yourself and give them some thought. Two batteries and two switches have been used for years and today there are new products that do the same thing in a bit different way. I use JR heavy duty switches with the charge jack, they cost under $15.00, I think I have been paying $12.00 for mine. I usually have several on hand. One of my friends just bought the new HD switch, I think it is MPI and it has the little LED lights built in to show you the charge of the battery, sort of like a volt watch. There's a lot of ways to do the same thing, it's up to you to look around and decide how you want to go. In my case it's more about how much money is in my pockets and what plane I'm working on. I'm just putting on the finishing touches on a new plane right now. It's taken me months to build it. It's a very nice 60 size pattern plane, one switch, one battery. Due to the CG problem, it's nose heavy, I may decide to go to the two batteries and switches?? I will decide after the maiden then do some CG testing and see how much closer the double system will help. I like to add useable weight instead of just lead.