RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to robot competions, Please give me your input
Old 09-07-2010, 02:49 PM
dknovick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to robot competions, Please give me your input

ORIGINAL: davidgeorge212

I have a spektrum dx7 transmitter and some how I would like to figure out how to setup two speed controls to control both sets of wheels. It would be neat to plug in one motor and speed control to the throttle port and have the other speed contol and motor in the elevator port. That way you could have both sticks at neutral (centered) and to go forward you could push both sticks up and to backup you could pull both sticks down. Then to turn you could push one stick forward and pull the other stick back to turn it. It sounds like a good Idea but Im not sure how to program the transmitter to think neutral stick means stop and to switch from forward to reverse depending on where the stick is.
I don' see why that would be a problem. The output from the receiver (in your robot) generates a signal to drive a servo. Most speed controllers take this signal and convert it into the proper commands to drive a motor. Any one of the channels could be used for a motor controller (or two in your case).

-Dave