RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Models 42% Ultimate Biplane
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
slevin1
My Feedback: (23)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: World Models 42% Ultimate Biplane

Hi Greg,

With regards to the 14s your exactly right. When I spoke with Lucien at Innov8tive Designs he told me that his legal dept was probably going to have to have people sign waivers much in the way individuals sign waivers for turbines thereby eliminating any liability.
Your hinting at ICE SHV ESC's is great news!! I know that the hacker a150 & a200 will handle more than the 14s so it would be great to see an ESC capable of handling such a huge amount of power. I really believe that you could take the a200 & put it into a Bill Hempel 50% ARF Cub and it would fly it with a 14s. After all, the gas engine requirements are 150cc-200cc which is the same as my Ultimate. Even though the cub is heavier its wing produces tremendous lift at any speed.

That would be an AWESOME article for you to do as I don't think there has ever been a half scale single engine R/C plane powered by electric.

http://www.billhempel.com/cub.html

It is so cool to see all the advancements that are being made with regards to giant scale electrics.

On a different note, this also might help:
http://www.western-robotics.com/herc...er-BEC_hp.html

It is a 14s BEC!! How cool is that! That should help to keep the weight down.
Here is some info on the BEC:

Width 34 mm
Length - 41 mm
Weight - 40 grams

Super high efficiency 5.3V, 6V, 8.4V and 9.0V selectable voltage regulator.
Wide input voltage range from 9V to 58V(3-14 LiPo Cells).
Min. 13V input for 8.4/9.0V applications.
High current capability of 10 Amps continuous 15A peak.
High power output that handles multiple servos including digital servos.
Built in Current and Thermal overload protection. LED status indicator gives visual feedback.
Ideal for R/C model 2.4GHz radio systems.
Laboratory burn-in tested at excess of 7amps continuous load at 9V output for 72 hours of uninterrupted operation