RCU Forums - View Single Post - YS Electric Motors??
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: YS Electric Motors??

I had the chance to talk with CPLR about power plants in F3A. His statement was: 'F3A is thermal and not electric' so I doubt that CPLR will ever change as long as he is a Champion in F3A.

In July I partcipated in a competition where it was the first time I flew with so much wind. It should have been around 6 bft or more. I fly glow, in this contest 4-5 more fellows were flying YS also, the rest 35 or more participants were electric. Well in pretty rough and turbulent conditions like these, electrics did have the advantage. In the past YS had it but not any more, the technology of LiPos and e-motors has been advanced. For example in the top of the humpty bump I thought my plane was in a harrier, the electric guys bumped the throttle and did it very easily and in constant speed. Gernot Bruckmann was flying on 8S with AXI and still had more power than YS.

May be the new powerplants such as the 175 CDI with 20x10 prop could emulate this power will see...

Top guys like Chip, CPLR, QQ can win with any type of setup, but the average flyer or lower like my self can get some advantage from electric models in terms of reliability, maintenance and power.

That's my piece of cake.
Rgrds,
Nikos