RCU Forums - View Single Post - Show us your street spec baja5b in here
Old 09-13-2010, 03:09 AM
splcrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Show us your street spec baja5b in here

ORIGINAL: Johnnysplits

For the same reason as you, besides the fact that there are no good places to run offroad near me, my T is being modified for street duty too. I still have to get the slicks and waiting for the nascar body. What motor are you running? Which gears? Brakes?

the engine im running is a trevor simpson 2 bolt induction , stuffed crank+2mm esp raceported 36mm , 813 carb . crank brass zero drag seals , stock clutch red 8though spring, gears are hostile 19/55 with vertigo new clutch bell system and vertigo clutch carrier. the brakes is still stock rear setup , except i dont use the hpi brake pad material i make my own from used car brakes pads lol , i get a hacksaw and cut off the brake pad material from the old car brake pad then super glue the piece to the stock metal setup then with a flap disc angle grinder i sand down the brake pad to thickness then drill the two holes for where the pins go in and its sweet , they brake harder and faster or softer depending how you set the brake stop but now they last forever , hpi brake pads i would always wear them out or they would just fall apart