RCU Forums - View Single Post - Strange Glitch with radio, receiver or servo?
Old 09-13-2010, 02:14 PM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Strange Glitch with radio, receiver or servo?

I read with interest the above comments as a mate of mine had exactly the same problem. and the same radio........intermittent performance.

He checked the replacement module, checked the pin length- get a dial caliper for this and you'll find the problem......everything is a bit too short, and wont give total contact! Whats the fix- he simply unsoldered the pins in the transmitter that 'mate' the plug into the module and moved them out about 1-2mm and then resoldered. There is a firm here in New Zealand called Jaycar that sell longer pins......also in Australia I believe.

Also check the holes in the plug as sometimes they have an obstruction in them at the wire end- drill out with a suitable sized drill- on memory .8mm.

Some of the cheap Chinese 2.4 Ghz (Flydream) have the same problem- but you can pull apart the module and reposition the plug, gaining about the extra mm or so- but the plug holes also need drilling.
hope this helps- it certainly solved my mates problem,. trevor henderson, new zealand