Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

How do I program a throttle curve on a 8103?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 10:00 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I program a throttle curve on a 8103?

Hi Danny, I'm setting up my first IMAC airplane now and need to program a throttle curve so it's linear, (I think?) In other words, I want the throttle to respond to any input I give it.

I have a large 2-stroke engine installed but the throttle response is hit and miss at best. I've looked at the book, but it might as well be written in Greek to me. Can you please tell me what to do in simple language?

You've helped me several times before and I want you to know that I REALLY appreciate it!

Chris
Old 02-13-2004, 10:40 AM
dsnyder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How do I program a throttle curve on a 8103?

To do this, use mix 1 or 2, and set up a throttle to throttle mix. In order to not affect the travel adjustments etc, set points L and H at 0. Then use small percentages at points 1,2, and 3 to alter the response curve as needed. To speed the response or add more sensitivity use positive values, and to slow the response or decrease the sensitivity use negative values. You will only use small enough values to alter the response to your liking. Too large of values can cause odd movements if it overtakes the travel adjustment.