Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

I made the right choice, Aerofly Pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Tspin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I made the right choice, Aerofly Pro

Aerofly Pro
I?m so excited about this sim. I wish that I could compare it with the most popular r/c sims out there but it's the first r/c sim that I have flown. So this is not meant as a comparison to other flight sims, it's just my experience with Aerofly Pro.

The Bad news was: I suffered for about a week or two after plugging the Gamecommander control that I paid extra for into my game port on the Sound Card. Game port on a sound card, now that's asking for trouble. After asking a few of my computer nerd type friends to help me get it to work (we failed) I sent it back. They better get USB figured out for there Gamecommander or there going to piss off a lot of good people.

The Good news is: I plugged my Futaba T6XA radio into the Interface cable that comes with the sim and every thing worked smooth as a babies butt. Just like the Gamecommander should have. Make sure that you unplug your crystal first; you don't want to ruin your radio.

I can practice Flat Spins with no fear of destroying a pricey aircraft now. Check out this Chipmunk that I down loaded for free. Full down elevator and full left rudder. To get it to flat spin I lengthened and added some weight to the wings, took out most of the dihedral then I made the rudder and fin a bit bigger along with a few other changes (top secret) the Chipmunk flat spins (this is a inverted flat spin) every time now.

The helicopters are a blast too, my helicopter flying skills suck but I adjusted the controls inputs and lengthened the main rotor blades for stability and now I'm learning how again. I had a Revolution with an OS 40SR (no gyros) back in the seventies. Yes I know I'm getting old. I think after flying this sim for a while I'll enjoy learning how to fly helicopters again, fingers crossed.

What an incredible sim. Just like flying the real thing. I can't believe how nice this sim feels. From the easiest training to the most advanced acrobatic maneuvers. I love experimenting with wings, tails, prop wash, rotor diameter, center of gravity and every aspect of model airplane design. If you like this then Aerofly Pro is the sim to get. In the model editor you can change and/or adjust all flight perimeters. Wingspan, Control service deflection, Airfoil, CG, Propeller Wash on all control services, Etc. It never ends. You can adjust everything and any thing. This and the endless supply of free airplanes you can down load is why I bought Aerofly Pro.

I have downloaded 20+ new aircraft for free. What a BLAST

Sorry for babbling on and on like a child with a new toy, but I couldn't help it! What a BLAST
Old 08-24-2003, 08:17 PM
Ian.W

dont blame you mate, i can do all sorts of things now, torque rolls, death spirals (heli), sustained chasos (heli) and many outher things, well worth the dosh
Old 08-24-2003, 10:10 PM
Mike Ledbetter

Default I have to agree.

I'm sure the majority use Reflex but I chose AFP as well. No regrets. Game commander works fine for me and my ancient system (Win98ME--P3/600) and my GeForce4 video card.

Pick the right model from those available in the program or on the internet, fine tune it and the winds, and it's almost like real.
Old 08-25-2003, 04:06 AM
Flightspoiler

Maybe that's why we don't seem to see too many used ones up for sale. I lucked out on one and enjoy it immensely.
Old 08-25-2003, 06:53 PM
alexis-RCU

I have a copy for sale! It's good but in my humble opinion doesn't bear comparison with GP Real Flight
Old 08-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Tspin

Originally posted by alexis
I have a copy for sale! It's good but in my humble opinion doesn't bear comparison with GP Real Flight
Please remember that I have never flown any other r/c sim except Aerofly Pro

Can you give us a comparison? You have flown both. Some screen shots and a flight comparison would be great .
Old 08-26-2003, 01:52 AM
Tspin

I just found (I’m a bit slow and no mention of it in the manual) the Slope scenery, what a hoot

Wow I don’t believe it! I learned r/c flying on the slopes.

What a beautiful Sailplane, a "Minimoa"

Check out these cliffs

High-speed pass

Oops not enough wind

That's better
Old 11-12-2003, 12:56 PM
gordongoly

Default RE: I made the right choice, <span class=

where to dowload the aerofly pro simulator? i have a futaba transmitter for pc
Old 11-12-2003, 01:20 PM
Tspin

Here you go gordongoly

Aerofly http://www.aerofly.de/

FMS http://www.netpackx.com/html/fms_interfaces.html

Great Planes http://www.realflight.com/

RC Plane Master http://www.realitycraft.com/index.htm

Reflex http://Reflex <a href="http://www.re...x-sim.com</a>.

Ripmax http://www.ripmax.com/FS_Simulators.html

Dave Brown RCFS http://www.dbproducts.com/
Old 11-12-2003, 03:56 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Where are you downloading your extra airplanes from. I have found the 3rd party planes on the aerofly site pretty lame, mostly crude graphics and unrealistic sounds. On one the ailerons stuck out 1 foot behind the plane in mid air. I have owned G2 and own aerofly pro. They are both good. aerofly is a bit cheaper and from my experience better at 3D stuff. The big cap will hang and torqueroll just like a real one. G2 has tons more planes so If sim flying lots of different types of planes is your thing g2 is better. just my 2 cents
Old 11-16-2003, 09:18 PM
Hyperpop

HEY GUYS, I NEED A RADIO FOR MY G2 REAL FLIGHT PRO,(USB)
KNOW WHERE TO FIND 1

E mail me at,
[email protected]