Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

JR 11X and Blade 350QX

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 10:29 AM
fivestring69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 11X and Blade 350QX

Does anybody have a radio setup for the 350QX? I'll be getting to my 350QX in 3 days, but would like to have my radio setup before I get there.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by fivestring69
Does anybody have a radio setup for the 350QX? I'll be getting to my 350QX in 3 days, but would like to have my radio setup before I get there.
Thanks in advance.
Sure do.

I have flown mine already on a DX8, a DX7S, a JR9503 and the JR11X.

Programming the JR11X for the 350QX is very straightforward.

Basically it uses the normal 4 channels, Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Rudder.

Channel 5 selects flight modes, assign it to a 3 position switch for SAFE, STABILITY and AGILITY modes.

Channel 6 activates the "Return to home" Generally it is assigned to the Flap channel (switch) Up and Mid does nothing, but Down activates return to home.

There are many ways to set it up with the JR11x as all the switches are programmable as you know. The following set up follows the convention recommended in the manual for the Spektrum radios.

I have upgraded my JR11Xs to Firmware 0002-0103 which changes them significantly from the original firmware

My JR11X set up is as follows.

ACRO Mode

TIMER - 8 minutes Down

Reverse only the Flap channel (CH6) all others normal. (The flap switch activates return to home mode when flipped fully down)

Assign GEAR to FMOD, (Your FMOD switch then selects between Safey, Stability and Agility modes)

I don't use dual rates or expo but you can use 80% rate and 20% expo on the Aileron, Elevator and Rudder if you wish.

That is all there is to it.

Make sure you download the advanced manual here - http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F..._Manual_EN.pdf

It contains far more information on the different bind modes.

EG, you can bind with GPS enabled, for outdoor flight, or GPS disabled (mandatory for indoor flight in Safe mode)

There are numerous other calibration modes during binding that require you to hold Rudder or Elevator during the bind.

After set up and a few test flights, I strongly recommend doing the "Compass Calibration" and the "Accelerometer Calibration" as specified in the manual.

It made a huge difference to mine which initially drifted consistently to the right.. it now hovers perfectly indoors with GPS off and hands off.

The position keeping in Safe mode is so good I have started using it to film myself flying other aircraft.. as per the 2nd last video.. the landing is done automatically with the radio on the ground.

Clever stuff.

More info (optional)

I am going to use my 350 QX to teach one of my nephews how to fly a quad so I have modified some of the setups to make it more "fool proof" IE, Safety and Stability mode on the FMOD switch, but Agility mode can only be selected by combining two switches. This makes it impossible for it to be selected accidentally by pulling the FMOD switch one click too far.

I have also disabled the throttle trim, (if you lower throttle trim in flight in Agility mode or Stability mode and close the throttle, the engines will stop and it will crash)

In this custom "Training Setup" the motors can only be turned off by the "Return Home switch" and the Quad is clever enough to know if it is on the ground and won't turn off the motors while flying.

Hope that helps.. its a great Quad, I've had mine for almost 2 weeks now and love it..

Some vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NJGoPi3-xo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Jkl-nE0Gk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwoT5NRycTY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7kmhA3A13k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5XowRK3cWM

Last edited by Rob2160; 11-03-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:57 PM
kcrcpilot

Rob210,
Can you detail the system set up and programming steps for a JR9303? I think I may have it, but I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks. KCRCPILOT
Old 12-17-2013, 10:28 PM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by kcrcpilot
Rob210,
Can you detail the system set up and programming steps for a JR9303? I think I may have it, but I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks. KCRCPILOT
Hi, I just saw this message, I am overseas at the moment but will be back home on the weekend. I will get some screen shots of my 9303 set up.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:00 PM
fakhryalif

hi rob2160, please send step by step configuration jr9xii radio, my email [email protected]. Thanks before
Old 07-01-2014, 02:46 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by fakhryalif
hi rob2160, please send step by step configuration jr9xii radio, my email [email protected]. Thanks before
Probably easier if I make you a youtube vid. I saw your question there also, sorry I didn't reply sooner as I am overseas with work again. Send me a PM reminder after 14th July and I'll make you a vid.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:24 AM
Rob2160

Originally Posted by fakhryalif
Did you get it working?

Here are screen shots of my JR9503 Blade 350QX settings.

This gives you three modes, Smart, Stabiliy and Agility modes by using the FM switch and the Gear switch - IE you need two switches to get Agility.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	2014361   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	2014362   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	2014363  

Last edited by Rob2160; 07-15-2014 at 05:33 AM.