Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

Onboard video: multiple angles with one cam

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Onboard video: multiple angles with one cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:57 AM
Hardy_H

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Onboard video: multiple angles with one cam

So last weekend I decided to mount a MycroCam 720 on my new Killer Hai flying wing. Made a few flights with the cam mounted for forward, side and rear view. Then I edited segments of these several flights into one "virtual flight" with multiple camera angles. The difficulty obviously was to find cutting points in which the airplane is (more or less) at the same position, as seen from the airfield, and flying in the same direction in both of the joined segments.

Next time I should work out something like a pattern program and try to make the same flight several times, that would make the editing so much easier. But I hadn't planned that far ahead. Anyway, for a first try I'm quite satisfied with the result. See for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXrWO4hh7Wo
Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 PM
SushiHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did exactly what you did in regards to mounting a camera at different angles and editing it into a single video. And I also had issues matching video angles like what you've mentioned. But I think what they do in the movie industry is they will mix in footage of the plane shot from either the ground or from another aircraft between footage shot from the plane at different angles.

I shot my first ever aircraft video last Saturday and edit it within a day or so. The aircraft I shot from is the Parkzone Stryker and I used a Mobius Actioncam.

Last edited by SushiHunter; 08-29-2014 at 12:10 PM.