Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

New products: 250mw transmitters and light systems.

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

New products: 250mw transmitters and light systems.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
reznikvova-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New products: 250mw transmitters and light systems.

Hi Gang,
We have some new products we want to share.
240 mw transmitters that run off of 8 volts and a lightweight 400mw complete video system. All can be found at www.tinywireless.com

Thanks for the space,
vova
Old 04-02-2004, 10:00 PM
muc

Default RE: New products: 250mw transmitters and light systems.

Vova,

Are these transmitters legal in the USA or are you still selling the illegal 1.2GHz modules from China? I requested the operating frequencies from you in a post a while back but you never replied. If these are legal maybe you could post the operating frequencies now.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 04-03-2004, 08:33 PM
ghjr
My Feedback: (1)

reallybadpilot, to date you have made 3 post on the RCU forums. All 3 are to question the legality of the cheap, extremely low power 1.2 ghz video tx that have made aerial video experimentation available to many noncommercial backyard flyer's....

Is this the only thing you have to add to RCU?
Old 04-03-2004, 09:17 PM
muc

WOW, chill out dude....and it's actually 2 out of 3 posts but who's counting. Oops, make that 3 out of 4 now. The reason I am asking is because I'm interested in purchasing one if they are legal. Is that so wrong? I don't want to start yet another post about the legal issues concerning these transmitters. I just think I'm entitled to know if they are legal before I purchase. All that I have tested to date are not.

Mark
Old 04-04-2004, 09:17 AM
aaron2874

Sounds like a legitimate question to me, and deserves a legitimate answer. If someone wants to sell a product I think they should be more than willing to answer ANY questions a potential buyer may have. I would be highly suspect of a seller that won't answer questions... promptly. He who gives me the most correct answers gets my money in everything I buy. BTW Forums aren't just about "contribution". They are good research tools. Seems to me someone is trying to research a product. This is a legitimate function of forums so I see no reason to attack someone for using it as such. (I should be a moderator )
Old 04-04-2004, 11:08 AM
ghjr
My Feedback: (1)

"Are these transmitters legal in the USA" Fair question "or are you still selling the illegal 1.2GHz modules from China?" Strong statement (illegal) "I requested the operating frequencies from you in a post a while back but you never replied." There is a contact e-mail address on the site where this product is sold, that is where you should expect a reply to questions. "If these are legal maybe you could post the operating frequencies now." The operating frequency alone cannot answer this question!!! "All that I have tested to date are not." You claim someone's products to be illegal based on your test, please share these test with us.

Yes their is a right to ask questions here, but is there a right to demand answers.
The term illegal is being throw around very loosely in these threads, I have not seen anything to substantiate the 1.2 ghz products as illegal nor the 2.4ghz products legal, what frequency are they transmitting on?
Old 04-04-2004, 12:12 PM
mr.rc-cam

I have not seen anything to substantiate the 1.2 ghz products as illegal nor the 2.4ghz products legal, what frequency are they transmitting on?
Actually, there have been a few threads about this. In many cases we have found that the low cost "1.2Ghz" systems are using frequencies that are illegal to use in the USA. That is because they are operating with the reserved aviation spectrum. The 2.4Ghz systems are "legal" when operated in accordance to their FCC status; nearly everyone of them needs a ham license to use. The old threads discuss this in detail.

In addition, the PLL systems often include one or two channel choices that are outside the ham band. So, we need to know which settings we can use.

FWIW, I also agree that the frequencies of these little wireless Tx's should be clearly stated. That way we can make wise purchasing and operating decisions. Like some other folks, I care about using equipment that conforms to my ham license restrictions.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:15 PM
VULTCH

I feel this is a valid question, since the website does not tell the frequency and states output power of up to over a watt. But lets don't get too far involved with long discussions in our forum on legalities. If someone or company is trying to HIDE something, they usually don't respond to questions and SHAME ON ME for dealing with them. If I purchase a Corvette, Do I have the right to complain to the Judge, ( The dealer sold me an illegal car since it goes beyond the speed limit ), after getting a speeding ticket? I think not. I like these forums because you can get unbiased input from folks who have been there and done that. Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:34 PM
muc

ghjr,

If you're going to advertise a product here then I think you should answer questions posted about the product here. Seems logical to me. This way everyone can make an informed decision about it. The operating frequency is a very important spec to know when purchasing a transmitter. It will tell you if it falls within a legal band. I have tested 1.2GHz transmitters that range from approximately 950MHz up to 1200MHz. These are not legal because they don't fall within the legal bands in the USA (for hams). They must be 902MHz-928MHz or 1240MHz-1300MHz or 2390MHz-2450MHz. Of course there are other bands but these are the main bands discussed here. When I mentioned "test" I was referring to testing the output frequency. This was done with a frequency counter. Sense you haven't seen any evidence the 1.2GHz transmitters are illegal I have posted a picture to show you. The 2.4GHz products normally transmit on 2410MHz, 2430MHz, 2450MHz, and 2470MHz. Sometimes these are + or - a couple of MHz. Channels 1 and 2 almost always fall within the legal band.

It was not my intent to start a discussion about the legalities of these devices. You can use whatever you want. I prefer to use legal equipment. That is the only reason I requested the frequencies in the first place. I have access to multiple 900 and 2.4 modules. I'm looking for a 1.2GHz module for use in the USA.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16419.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	118681