Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Aerial Photography and Video
Reload this Page >

A question for the AV gurus out there....

Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

A question for the AV gurus out there....

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 08:44 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A question for the AV gurus out there....

I have an antenna that is identical to the one I have for my video transmitter. What I'm wondering is if it will help or hinder my signal if I were to attach one antenna under the plane and one on top and hook them both up to the transmitter?
Old 10-24-2004, 10:29 AM
yb2normal

Default RE: A question for the AV gurus out there....

This won't work very well for a couple of reasons.

1) All antennas and cables have a characterisic called 'impedance', and the transmitter is designed to work properly with antennas of a certain impedance. If you simply try to wire your antennas in parallel, you will alter the impedance and negatively impact the amount of RF energy that gets into the air.

2) The signal from the two antennas can interact and cancel each other out, giving you large gaping holes in your coverage area.

Hope that helps,
Bill
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 AM
randall1959
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: A question for the AV gurus out there....

Yea that's what I kinda thought, Thanx. When I was into CB radio, a lot of people ran duel whips and had lots of problems with them because they reflected off each other and were a bear to keep tuned.