Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

From DVD to hard drive, HOW???????

Old 12-08-2004, 01:39 PM
Eagle Flyer
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From DVD to hard drive, HOW???????

I have Microsoft movie maker, Roxio CD and DVD ceator 6 and some Plextor stuff. How do I get a movie from the disk onto my hard drive? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2004, 02:04 PM
Warbird Brian
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: From DVD to hard drive, HOW???????

I use Dazzle products for this. See www.dazzle.com

Plug dvd player into adapter -- plug adapter to usb port.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33288.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	200781  
Old 12-08-2004, 02:04 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In Windows Media Movie Maker, click "Capture Video", click "Import Video" then pick your DVD drive as the source. It'll have to be an mpg or avi type of file.

OR you can "Capture from video device" but you'll have to have the hookup cables and a DVD player.

Don
Old 12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
doomsday1

Try DVD Shrink ver 3.2 . It is very easy to use and it is free.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Eagle Flyer

When I try to import from the DVD drive it opens up as 2 folders. A video_RM and a video_TS
Then open either of those and it comes up with a bunch of different files. I think my DVD recorder is storing it as the wrong type. The computer can't recognize them.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:49 PM
smokingcrater

eagle, the video and audio ts folders are exactly what is supposed to be on the dvd... as someone else mentioned, used dvdshrink... free and does everything you will ever need to do.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Eagle Flyer

Ok; I got the DVD Shrink. But when I try to retrieve it from the DVD drive it comes up with a; Invalid navigation structure error. I followed the instructions on a different site as it said, at least I thought I did. So now what? thanks for any help.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Eagle Flyer

Ok I tried everything mentioned. No success. The movie making programs I have won't recognize the VOB file. I tried it with a regular mpeg files and it worked. The video as I understand it in a VOB file is mpeg.
Have some shots of the Byron airport I want to put up. Tried capturing a frame for a picture and can't make that work either. I just don't know enough about confusors (computers). Have tried for 6 hours with no luck.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Eagle Flyer

Well I keep trying but nothing seems to work for me. I did finaly get WMM to import what i thought was one of my 12 minute flights but it turned out to be only about 30 seconds worth of the begining. Not sure why it worked either. Never did before. Unless it has something to do with the different ext. I put on it. But I think I tried it before with no success. I also was able to get the dvd shrink to down load some movies but can't get them back on to another disk. When I go to burn them with Roxio it keeps telling me I have a read only disk in the drive, but it is a DVD+ RW disk. Tried Roxio, WMM, Plextor, and right clicking a file to the DVD drive, nothing works.
What am I doing wrong? Some help would be great!! Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:07 PM
IA-Flyer

Eagle
I read your other post first.

If you simply want to capture images from a DVD that's already playable on your computer or TV.
You can download and install the demo of "[link=http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/download/dl_file_new.jsp?dl_id=1&ProdId=28]Cyberlink Power DVD[/link]" .
It has a play limit of 30 minutes, but may be enough.
I bet your burner came with something that can capture a video frame. Check if you have a "Win DVD" icon on your desktop, or play a DVD and see what program plays it.
Win DVD and Power DVD have a frame capture button that you can click when you see the video frame you want to save.
It will save it in a folder on your hard drive so you can share it.

BTW, I want to see the video. I didnt know they made any DVD copies of the show or demos.
Jim