Community
Search
Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

Help with Black widdow set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:15 PM
FlybyPDX
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Black widdow set up

I have the 1000mw transmitter.... 4 wires coming out; video, audio, ground and power. I want to hook up some RCA plugs to make it easy. So I hook up the 12V batt conector to the power and ground. Then I take the outside of the audio RCA and the outside of the video RCA and hook it ip on the same ground with my battery plug and the midle of the audio RCA and the middle of the video RCA and hook them up to the audio and video wires?

Is this right?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:25 AM
mklarich

Default RE: Help with Black widdow set up

Yes, the black ground wire is shared to 3 places. The ground of the power, the ground of the audio (outside jacket of RCA cable), and the ground of the video line (outside jacket of the RCA cable for video). The Video wire is yellow coming out of the transmitter, and the audio wire is white coming out of the transmitter. Black is ground, red is power.

Any other questions, just ask. Remember to not apply power to transmitter without an antenna attached. It doesn't like that so much.

Matt
Old 05-15-2005, 12:57 PM
FlybyPDX

Sweet.... thats all I need to know. I will be up and running in a half an hour.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
FlybyPDX

for a batt I am using a tanic 3 cell 2200. The TX gets REAL hot after about 10 min. Too hot to touch. is this ok?

Also.... can I use the same battery for my airplane and BW TX? The voltage will allways be between 9 and 11V
Old 05-17-2005, 04:52 PM
yb2normal

I generally don't recommend sharing the battery with the 12v transmitters because there is no way to filter out the noise and voltage fluctuations that will be present as you work your servos and throttle. There isn't much harm in it, but your video results will be disappointing.

Regarding the heat of the tx... yes, these things get really hot. Do try to give it a bit of airflow when it's in the air.

Regards,
Bill