Notices
Aerial Photography and Video Discuss the growing field of aerial photography and aerial video right here!

My first aerial stills.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:41 PM
Jeepindog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first aerial stills.

Went to Y'allMart yesterday and bought a Kodak CX7300 digital camera. Went back to my garage and built a mount for it and stuffed it into my SIG 1/5 scale J-3 Cub. Here are two pics from my first photo-flight. I think I will try setting the zoom on a x3 or x4 setting, and angle the cam down slightly to get a little less wing in the shot. I took the pics from inside the cabin with the Cub's window open. It looked cool flying that way, too.

Lachlan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33891.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	285170   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34574.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	285171  
Old 06-15-2005, 07:50 AM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: My first aerial stills.

Looks good!
Sorry about all the questions, but I'm looking at getting something better than what I'm flying now(Apitek)
Whats the resolution on that camera? Use a memory card/stick, etc? What size? How much does it weigh? Does it shut itself off after any length of time? How do you take pictures, with a servo?
Most important: What price???

Actually, I think the wing and struts give the picture a bit of character, as opposed to just "floating in the air". [8D]
Old 06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Jeepindog

Resolution: 3.2 MP. Memory card: SD/MMC whatever size you want to pay for. Internal 16 MB storage. I bought a 128 MB card for $1995 that will hold about 160 pics at the camera's highest resolution, all the way down to 608 at it's most compressed format. More than I'll ever want to download at once, that's for sure. Weight of camera, with batteries: 5.7 oz. Auto shutoff after EIGHT MINUTES! That's quite a bit longer than the Aiptek and others. 3X digital zoom. 320x240 pixels of video at 15 frames/second, which would probably be shakey. I believe that 30 f/s is the best for video. I built a little mount for the camera that employs a servo connected to a spare channel to physically manipulate the shutter button. Price: $97 at WalMart. I'm sure that's the price for the Kodak CX7300 everywhere. Nice little camera for the price.

Lachlan
Old 06-15-2005, 01:05 PM
cwrr5

Thanks!
I may have to carefully consider that one carefully... Much better than the 2.1 MP I'm getting now, but is almost twice the weight. Love the 8 minute shutoff! Got lotsa pondering to do before October when I get home.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:02 PM
rcairplanenut

Nice pics of the Cherry Creek RC club, I’ve taken a few photo shoots from there as well, I need to start using a digital camera, developing film on my old school 35mm gets expensive quick.

SG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87711.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	285536  
Old 06-16-2005, 06:14 AM
cwrr5

I know what you mean... I was using a Cannon Elph Lt with APS film for the panoramic shots, it ain't cheap! Actually, my humble little Apitek seems to take better shots anyway.